New Patient Consulations
New Patient Consultations are a time to gather information about you.
We will discuss your dental requirements, complete a comprehensive medical history and undertake an extensive examination.
Your medical history is very important as certain conditions and medications can affect your teeth and/ or the way we provide treatment. Your examination will include the following:
- We will assess your risk from oral cancer, taking into consideration smoking and alcohol consumption. We will examine the soft tissues of your mouth for any other changes in appearance.
- We will check your jaws and jaw muscles to ensure that your jaw is working correctly.
- We will assess the state of your existing teeth and restorations that may be present.
- We will take measurements around the teeth and gums to assess for any gum disease.
- We will assess your overall smile and advise you how we can improve it if you so wish.
- X-rays will be taken to check underneath existing fillings or crowns and also for any signs of decay.
Following this examination Dr White will discuss all the treatment options available to you and give you a detailed written estimate.
This examination takes approximately one hour and costs £95.